Executive Function Success
Managing and Strengthening E.F. Skills
By Stephanie Grover
BONUS SESSION: Monday 20 - Friday 24 August 10am -12 (except Wednesday 22 August, when class is 2-4pm)
Children, adolescents, and adults use the processes of executive function to track details, organize, strategize, pay attention, and manage time. This course offers students an opportunity to learn new tools and strengthen existing skills for processes impacted by executive functioning.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify what Executive Functioning is and how it relates to school activities
- Identify strategies that help improve concentration, attention, and memory
- Develop and implement time management skills
- Learn about how to advocate for needs with teachers, peers, and others
- Gain insight into what motivates them in school, and learn to harness this knowledge to be productive
In this course, students will learn about what Executive Functioning means and how it relates to their school performance and daily lives. We will discuss what parts of the brain are responsible for executive functioning and how differences in EF abilities can show up in day to day tasks, such as concentration, memory, and attention. Students will also practice hard skills of time management and planning with the goal of learning more about how to prioritize tasks for themselves. Each day will also include mindfulness session, with the goal of helping students gain experience with the benefits of thoughtful meditation and reflection time.
- Session 1: What is the Executive Function?
- Session 2: How does Executive Function affect my life?
- Session 3: Time Management and Planning
- Session 4: Self-Advocacy and Growth Mindset
- Session 5: Setting Goals (SMART Goals) and Closing
4500 9th Ave NE, Suite 300, Seattle, WA, 98105
Class may be billable through insurance in some cases; contact Hampton Tutors for further information.
Terms, conditions and refund policy:
In the event that you must cancel, your payment will be fully refundable until 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellations made less than 5 business days in advance of the class will be partially refunded at 50% (for example, $250 refund payment for a $500 class). Cancellations may be made by phone or email.
In the event that we must cancel the class, we will notify you via phone or email and refund you in full.