WRITING WITH CONFIDENCE
Creative and non-fiction writing for High Schoolers
By Christopher Sandford MA (Cantab)
Thursdays, 5-26 July 4-6pm
A student at any level of his or her development will leave this class significantly better able to express himself or herself in the written word, an obvious asset both in school, at college, and in all forms of possible future employment. He or she will also have an insight into the creative writing process, and specific advice and guidance on how to pursue this both for their own enjoyment and profit should they choose to do so.
By the end of the course, students will have:
- Demonstrably better and more fluent basic writing skills.
- Dramatically enhanced expressive- and creative-writing ability.
- Advice and insights into writing for a particular audience, and into writing for profit.
- How to successfully “write your way through” any assignment.
- Enhanced understanding, and enjoyment, of selected acknowledged greats of American and world literature.
- Direct and personalized feedback from an internationally bestselling author, of whose most recent book, a biography of President Kennedy, National Review wrote: “This is political history of a high order. It is the Kennedy book to beat.”
This will be an intensive but at the same time thoroughly enjoyable class that will offer both general instruction on all aspects of creative and nonfiction writing, and also be tailored to the specific needs of the individual student.
- A detailed introduction to creative and nonfiction writing.
- Specific exercises to improve your own written skills.
- Analysis of certain proven successful techniques in American and world literature.
- Individually tailored advice and guidance on writing both academically and for financial profit.
I am the author of 25 commercially published books, and continue to write regularly for a variety of newspapers and magazines including The Times (London), The Spectator, America, the Washington Post, the Seattle Times, and many others. I have also broadcast widely on television and radio. Although born and raised in the United Kingdom, I have made the Seattle area my home for many years, and have successfully offered tutoring classes to a large number of local students.
4500 9th Ave NE, Suite 300, Seattle, WA, 98105
Class may be billable through insurance in some cases; contact Hampton Tutors for further information.
Terms, conditions and refund policy:
In the event that you must cancel, your payment will be fully refundable until 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellations made less than 5 business days in advance of the class will be partially refunded at 50% (for example, $250 refund payment for a $500 class). Cancellations may be made by phone or email.
In the event that we must cancel the class, we will notify you via phone or email and refund you in full.